Impressive Patten picks up title at Wedmore
- Credit: Tony Biggs/Wedmore GC
Annie Patten won the 36-hole Ladies Club Championship title at Wedmore Golf Club in fine style.
Patten and Abi Moore shared second place one shot behind Dawn Chadwick, who carded 85 in the opening round, with reigning champion Shirley Gooding in fourth on 88.
And a second round score of 83 saw Patten take the Insport Trophy by seven shots from Gooding.
Moore was joint leader of the nett competition at halfway alongside June Smith, Ange Webber and Janet Gilbert, after all shot 71s.
And they proved the only below-par rounds of the day as players tired during the second round, with Chadwick slipping 10 shots behind Patten by the turn.
You may also want to watch:
Patten's nearest challengers at this stage were Moore, three back, and Gooding, who was five adrift but she widened the gap over the final nine holes.
Moore slipped back over the last four holes but a nett total of 147 saw her claim the Directors' Cup, ahead of Smith (150) and Wendy Lucas (152).
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
- 10 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
Gooding finished runner-up to Patten in the gross competition ahead of Cathy Olive and Chadwick.
Megan Wilde took the prize for best morning gross with Jane Hewitt taking the afternoon prize, as Janet Gilbert and Deidre Wheadon won the equivalent nett prizes.