Wembdon no match for Weston ladies
Weston ladies proved far too strong for Wembdon, as they were skittled out for just 15 runs.
WESTON ladies had a belated start to their league campaign as neighbours Nailsea sadly had to withdraw from the league.
Despite the damp weather conditions, they took on Wembdon start their season. Stand-in skipper Sam Evans lost the toss and found herself leading out the team to field.
The opening bowling attack of Georgia Tulip and Alice Wiseman started well, with Tulip taking four early wickets. Wiseman bowled a tight line at the other end, with only five runs being scored off her four overs. Tulip finished with figures of 4-1-3-4 and Wiseman with 4-1-5-0.
Evans and Emma Whitehead ended the Wembdon innings with Evans taking a wicket in her first over and then had a hat-trick opportunity in her second when she took a further two wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Whitehead took a wicket in each of her three overs to end the innings after 14 overs. Evans finished with figures of 3-1-2-3 and Whitehead with 3-2-1-3.
The fielding by all was top notch with debutant Lowri Harding almost taking two fantastic catches. Emma Gibbins, Lucy Tilden, Kelly Stone, Laura Foreman, Lisa Parris and Tulip also impressed in the field, with Tulip taking the only catch of the match.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Behind the stumps, Dannie Stone was diving well to prevent the byes as Wembdon were all out for 15.
The InTouch player of the match was awarded to Georgia Tulip.
If you are interested in playing cricket, contact Roxy Newman on 07557 375665. The ladies train on Thursday evenings and girls train on Wednesday evenings.