Weston Aerobic Gymnastics members make mark for GB
- Credit: Archant
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics had seven gymnasts and two coaches on Great Britain duty at the Plovdiv Cup.
Lola Lawrence, Isidora Vucicevic, Molly Brown, Freya Grafton, Jasmine Dight, Katie Ferris and Lily Jean Smith all competed at the 10th anniversary of the event in Bulgaria.
And they were joined by coaches Debbie And Kat Saunders in a 29-strong team, with all producing excellent results against a world-class field of athletes, including Russia, Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania.
Qualifying for finals were the age 12-14 trio of Ferris, Lawrence and Grafton, with Lawrence also qualifying for the female individual final.
The gymnasts produced superb routines, with Lawrence coming fourth out of 75 gymnasts and the trio earning Great Britain a fabulous silver medal against 35 other teams
You may also want to watch:
The gymnasts are now working hard in preparation for the selection event for the 2020 World Championships.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruse past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 9 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector