Weston & District League round-up January 2
- Credit: Banwell Football Club
The final games before the latest national lockdown took place in the Weston & District Football League on the first Saturday of 2021.
In Division One Clevedon United KV travelled to Locking Park and brought the three points home following a 3-0 win.
A double from Ben Stanley and Ricky Smith's goal did the job for the visitors.
Charlie Chipperfield, Scott Collier and an own goal helped Clapton in Gordano to a 3-2 win at Nailsea United, with Rob Brown and Jack Smith scoring for the home team.
Two goals from Travis Druce saw Worle Reserves to a 2-2 draw with Uphill Castle Reserves for whom Joe Brett and Jack English netted.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two, Hutton Reserves beat Banwell Reserves 2-0 with goals from Corey Farr and Jamie Paxton.
A brace from Andrew Law-Smith and one from Tom Dziekanowski saw Lodway to a narrow 3-2 win over Congresbury Reserves, while two from Adam Hastings and further goals from Wes Bracey and Stewart Kemble saw Selkirk United secure a 4-1 local derby victory over Nailsea United, for whom Josh Hann replied.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
A treble from Josh Randall helped Worle Rangers beat Locking Park Reserves 6-0 with further goals from John Sutor, Jake McBride and Ben Earz.
In a Division Three, in the top of the table game, West Wick inflicted a first defeat on Weston Town with a 2-1 win at the Hans Price Arena.
Chris Brinson and Lyndon Cook grabbed the all-important goals for Wick, with Jake Marshman netting for Town.
Uphill Castle A won 5-1 at Sporting Weston Reserves as David MacCabe helped himself to a hat-trick, while Will Sneddon-Coombes and Matt Bebber also scored and Kaan Berk scored the consolation goal.
There were no games in Division Four and following the latest announcement made by Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Monday, all grassroots football has been suspended for the foreseeable future.