Weston announce experienced new signing
WESTON have boosted their side through the re-signing of an experienced striker ahead of tomorrow’s match against Maidenhead United.
Marc McGregor was yesterday signed from Blue Square North side Worcester City, with boss Craig Laird saying he will bring some much-needed experience to the side.
Craig said of the 33-year-old former Tamworth and Forest Green Rovers player: “Marc gives us that experienced old head we have been missing. We have some good young strikers at the club and they just need someone to show them the ropes and teach them about certain situations.
“Marc has a wise old head on him and he will give us that know-how we have been lacking at times.”
McGregor has had two previous spells at the Woodspring Stadium, playing for the club between 2007-2009, and spending a month on loan at the club from Nuneaton in 2002.
You may also want to watch:
He has gone straight into the side for tomorrow’s game.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village