Weston Athletic run in nine tries
Weston Athletic ran in nine tries in their emphatic victory over Walcott 2nd XV.
Weston Athletic 57 pts
Walcott 2nd XV 12 pts
WESTON Athletic impressed again as they ran up another score of over 50 points and swept Walcott aside for a third bonus point win from four starts.
Although the first-half was punctuated by errors and missed chances, Athletic did enough to score three tries. Impressive inside centre Huw Morgan scored the first, with wing Jamie Russell finishing off a good drive by the forwards to give Athletic an early 10-point lead.
You may also want to watch:
Walcott struck back and scored under the posts, but the Athletic pulled their game together and took control. Morgan finished the half with his second try, converted by Prime, for Athletic to turn round 17-7 in front.
Athletic’s game was much improved in the second half as they ran in six tries. Kingscott scored under the posts from a tap penalty, Russell crossed as Weston moved the ball wide.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
Jack Salisbury, who was influential at scrum-half, scored his first try for Athletic, and Russell was on hand to complete his hat trick. Replacement Grimes got on the score sheet and the match was rounded off by a try for Dan Prime, who also converted six of the tries.