Weston back on top
Weston returned to the top of the Somerset Super Darts League after winning at Williton.
WESTON travelled to Williton in the Somerset Super Darts League, returning home with an important victory.
Currently lying in second spot, one leg behind leaders Taunton, Weston needed a convincing win to take top spot.
Darrell Brown got the visitors off to a good start winning 3-1, followed by Clint Harding, also a 3-1 victor. Williton fought back taking three wins on board two, but Clive Strong (24.36) put in a solid victory with a 180 and 3-2 win, followed by the George Turnbull (21.59) winning 3-0.
Weston stuttered again losing the next game to bring the running score to 13-16. Weston found another gear with good wins by Ian Cope (20.52), Ricky Harding (22.17) with a 180 and Paul Tyler running out a 3-0 victor. Weston’s singles were wrapped up by skipper Nick English (20.52) starting with a 180 in another 3-0 win, giving Weston a commanding 28-18 lead going into the pairs.
You may also want to watch:
Harding and Cope started with a 3-2 win, but the other game lost on board one, a straight win was required to ensure victory. Darrell and Clive (3-0) had another ‘Strong’ performance to give Weston a 35-23 lead.
Although Williton won the next game, Weston picked up two valuable legs for victory. Tim and George sealed the victory winning 3-2 and Weston ran out 41-31 winners, giving them the Division 1 leadership again.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
Man of the match went to Clive Strong for his highest singles average and pairs win. 180s were hit by Nick English (2), Ricky Harding, Clive Strong and Jimmer Hunt.
The next game is home against Black Widows (Bridgwater) on March 10 at the Bristol Hotel.