Weston back on top
Weston returned to the top of the Somerset Super Darts League after winning at Williton.
WESTON travelled to Williton in the Somerset Super Darts League, returning home with an important victory.
Currently lying in second spot, one leg behind leaders Taunton, Weston needed a convincing win to take top spot.
Darrell Brown got the visitors off to a good start winning 3-1, followed by Clint Harding, also a 3-1 victor. Williton fought back taking three wins on board two, but Clive Strong (24.36) put in a solid victory with a 180 and 3-2 win, followed by the George Turnbull (21.59) winning 3-0.
Weston stuttered again losing the next game to bring the running score to 13-16. Weston found another gear with good wins by Ian Cope (20.52), Ricky Harding (22.17) with a 180 and Paul Tyler running out a 3-0 victor. Weston’s singles were wrapped up by skipper Nick English (20.52) starting with a 180 in another 3-0 win, giving Weston a commanding 28-18 lead going into the pairs.
You may also want to watch:
Harding and Cope started with a 3-2 win, but the other game lost on board one, a straight win was required to ensure victory. Darrell and Clive (3-0) had another ‘Strong’ performance to give Weston a 35-23 lead.
Although Williton won the next game, Weston picked up two valuable legs for victory. Tim and George sealed the victory winning 3-2 and Weston ran out 41-31 winners, giving them the Division 1 leadership again.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Man of the match went to Clive Strong for his highest singles average and pairs win. 180s were hit by Nick English (2), Ricky Harding, Clive Strong and Jimmer Hunt.
The next game is home against Black Widows (Bridgwater) on March 10 at the Bristol Hotel.