Weston clinch league title despite defeat
Weston secured their third successive league title to gain promotion in the Somerset Super Darts League.
Weston travelled to North Somerset A in the last game of the Somerset Super Darts League season.
With Weston currently on top of Division 2 by 18 legs, they were looking to finish the season on a high and be promoted as champions.
The visitors got off to a good start with George Turnbull (22.32) winning 4-0, swiftly followed by Paul Tyler (24.23) winning 4-2. The games were not going so well on board two, going 6-2 down.
This was quickly turned around by Kev Austen (20.02) winning 4-1, but Weston failed to capitalise on the situation and let NS back into the game. Ian Cope (20.46) won 4-0 to finish board two off 17-13 to the home side
You may also want to watch:
Board one was faring better for Weston with Martin Vanedgemeister (21.72) winning 4-2 and with Weston edging closer to getting the points they needed, Richard Harris (22.60) got the Seasiders past the post by winning 4-2, as Weston finished the singles trailing 31-30.
Weston went through the motions in the pairs, with only George Turnbull/Rich Harris winning 2-0 and Phil Mitchell/Vanedgemeister 2-1 as North Somerset won 39-37 overall.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 10 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
Captain Nick English was pleased with the season’s performance, picking up their third successive divisional championship win.
180s were hit by Kev Austen, Vanedgemeister, Rich Harris and Gary Deakin. Cash 4 Vans man of the match went to Paul Tyler.
Westons Knc Miner player of the season went to Mike Norton, who played eight, won eight, with 99 tons, two 180s and averaged 26.32 per match.