Weston College student enjoy Spanish tour
- Credit: Archant
Students from Weston College enjoyed a tour to Barcelona, training with national coaches.
Weston College athletes travelled to Barcelona for their annual netball tour, where they trained with national coaches and worked hard as a team to beat their opposition.
This was the first tour the college has provided for their sport academy girls, so everyone was privileged to be there.
After arriving in Barcelona, the girls took a trip to Port Aventura, the biggest theme park resort in the south of Europe.
The next two days consisted of high standard netball coaching and a tournament. Coaches included Tallisa Haynes, who coached Surrey Storm to Super League victory last year.
You may also want to watch:
The Weston girls gave their best efforts and came an outstanding second place out of 14 teams, with Charley Williams (first team) and Emily Donald (second team) being nominated as the coaches’ players of the week.
To finish the week off, the team went into the Barcelona centre, where they all enjoyed a well-deserved meal at the Hard Rock Café. Following this, they took a tour around the Barcelona Nou Camp Stadium.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 8 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
Finally, they spent a few hours around the Barcelona centre, where they relished the array of shops and sunshine, before travelling back to the airport.
Overall, the tour was a great experience for the students and everyone came away with individual coaching points or motivational thoughts to make them all better sporting individuals.