Weston defeat their nearest challengers
Weston defeated nearest challengers Bath in a Somerset Super Darts League top of the table clash.
WESTON travelled to Bath in a top of the table clash in the Somerset Super Darts League.
With just two games to go, Bath were Weston’s closest rivals in second plac, so were looking for a good start.
Bath drew first blood by winning both opening games, but Paul Griffiths (22.95) won 4-2 and Ian Cope (21.84) 4-2 put Weston back in the driving seat. Mike Norton (21.66) followed up with a 4-0 win to give the Seasiders some breathing space,
Bath mounted a comeback by taking the next three games, but Weston were winning crucial legs to keep the lead. Kelvin Hart went to town on his opponent with a 30.04 average winning 4-0, giving just what Weston needed with just a few more legs required.
You may also want to watch:
Bath fought all the way, but Weston just managed to pip them at the post winning 36-35, leaving them in top spot with one match to go.
180s were hit by Seamus Slattery and Bobby Moore, while the KNC Miner man of the match went to Kelvin Hart.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
The last match of the season is home against North Somerset on June 6.