Weston duo compete at Castle Combe
- Credit: Archant
Two racing drivers from Weston havae reently taken part in the Formula Ford Series held at Castle Combe.
TWO racing drivers from Weston enjoyed success at the Formula Ford Series held at Castle Combe.
Kieren Simmons is a regular competitor in his relatively standard Ian Studley Cars (Winscombe) sponsored Fiesta ST in the hotly contested CCRC Saloon Car Championship.
Kieren qualified 17th on the grid and went on to finish 12th overall and took a class podium by finishing third in Class B. This leaves him third in the championship with six rounds to go.
Having competed in a part-season of the CCRC Saloons last year with a best finish of third in Class D, Antony Weeks made an appearance in the CCRC Sports Racing Series race in a Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo powered Radical Prosport, sponsored by Grant Motorsport from Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first time he had driven the car and the first time the car had been raced in over a year, so qualifying was used as a shakedown, leaving Antony eighth from nine on the grid for the rolling start.
The end result was third overall and first in Class A after a lengthy battle holding off Richard Grey (Southampton) in his Radical SR4, until Grey passed on the final lap.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival