Weston edge a close match against West Somerset
Weston defeated West Somerset in a tense match at home.
WESTON entertained West Somerset in the Somerset Super League Darts after suffering two defeats in a row.
Ian Cope (22.78), got the ball rolling for Weston with a 3-0 victory, swiftly followed with a close-fought 3-2 victory by George Turnbull (23.94).
Seamus Slattery started well on board two with a 3-2 win, but the home side lost the next three games, despite picking up some valuable legs, Gary Howell stopped the rot winning 3-0.
Fortunately board one was faring better for Weston, with Anthony Edmundson and Clive Strong (21.05) both winning 3-1 and Paul Tyler (20.05) 3-2 as Weston went into the pairs with a slender lead of 25-23.
You may also want to watch:
Roy Staples and Slattery got the pairs underway with a 3-1 win along with Phil Mitchell/Cope winning 3-2. This time board one was not doing so well, losing the first two games only picking up one leg.
With everything to play for in the last two games, Weston were level pegging at 32-each.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
Jimmy Hunt/Howell put the game on a knife edge with a 3-1 win. Needing one leg for a draw or two for a win, the Strong/Tyler combination stormed to a 3-0 win, giving Weston a hard-fought 38-33 win.
Man of the match goes to Ian Cope for his strong performance in both singles and pairs.
The next game will be in the new year on January 4 at home against the Black Widows from Bridgwater.