Weston entertain league leaders
Weston host National 3 South West leaders London Irish Wild Geese on Saturday.
WESTON host National 3 South West leaders London Irish Wild Geese on Saturday.
The last time that the Irish appeared at the Recreation Ground was on Easter Monday, 1971, when the Seasiders were successful by 17 points to 11.
Weston’s half-backs on the day, fly-half Robbert Hazzard and his partner Clayton Hope scored all of their points, Hazzard converting his own try and adding two penalties, while Hope kicked a brace of drop goals.
Their team on that day were: Phil Townshend, Chris Brown, Bill Fowler, Ray Mapstone, Martin Leach, Robert Hazzard, Clayton Hope, Jack Mellish, Richard Hazzard, Nick Hunt, Roger Ward, Duncan Henry (c), Robin Edwards, Colin Couch and Michael Reading.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts, who are in third place, have lost their last two league matches, and will hope to get back to form.
The kick-off is at 2.30pm.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved