Weston FA Cup tie re-arranged
- Credit: Archant
A NEW date has been announced for Weston’s first round FA Cup tie with Doncaster Rovers.
The game, which was called off only 21 minutes before kick-off yesterday (Saturday), will now be played on November 18, with kick-off at 7.45pm.
A club spokesman said: “The club would like to apologise for the disappointment of the game being called off at such late notice yesterday, unfortunately it was out of our hands. It was called off so late because every effort was made by the referee and goundsman to get the pitch playable after so much rain.
“It is a disappointment for everyone involved at the club because we had recorded more than 2,700 ticket sales and it was all set to be a great day for the club.
“The game has been rescheduled for November 18 at 7.45pm and we want to make sure that we match the atmosphere that was building around the ground yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone that has already bought a ticket for yesterday’s game will be given free admission to our next home league game, as a thank you for being part of this record-breaking FA Cup crowd and we hope that as many as possible of you can make the Doncaster match - just bring with you your ticket or if you had an E-ticket just reprint it.
“Maybe with this extra time to sell tickets, we could make it a sell out. These go on sale again on Monday – Friday 9am-5pm from the club shop and again at the Somerset FA Premier Cup match (against Bridgwater) on Tuesday.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
Yesterday’s postponement does mean that Weston will go into the hat for the second round draw tomorrow along with Bristol City, Peterborough United, MK Dons and giant-killers Dover Athletic and Chester.