Weston face crucial Bishops clash
- Credit: Archant
WESTON-SUPER-MARE host fellow strugglers Bishop’s Stortford on Saturday, knowing that a win could take them level on points with their visitors.
Ryan Northmore’s side were frustrated after their four-game winning run was halted by two successive postponements this week, as the FA Trophy First Round match versus Wealdstone fell victim to the rain.
But the in-form Seagulls are now 17th, two points clear of the Vanarama National League South drop zone and three behind the Bishops.
They will be hunting for just a third home victory of the season, after starting the season in disastrous form at the Woodspring Stadium.
Bishop’s Stortford are currently 15th in the division, three places above Weston.
You may also want to watch:
The Hertfordshire side are managed by Rod Stringer and are in poor form themselves. They were defeated 2-1 at home by bottom club Basingstoke Town in their last league outing, without a win in their last four matches.
Weston will have star man Bradley Ash back in their ranks, as he returns from a two-week trial at Championship side Birmingham City.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre