Weston fall short
Weston Netball Club’s second string fall short against their old rivals, Bath.
Weston 2 21
Bath 2 31
WESTON 2 had a tough second match of the season, facing their old rivals from last year, Bath 2.
The game got off to a good start for Weston, who remained two goals in front for most of the first quarter, thanks to some great defence by Laura Stainer and Hellen Gilmore with support from newcomer Liz Hawkins.
You may also want to watch:
Weston’s attack remained strong for the second quarter, with the new combination of Becky Ranson as centre, Bonnie Beechgood as WA and Vicky Truman and Jennie Burton shooting paying off.
Bonnie and Jennie’s quick one-twos got the ball in the circle quickly and thanks to accurate shooting by Jennie and Vicky, Weston were able to edge ahead.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 7 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 8 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
By the third quarter, Bath started to pull their game together and they started to creep ahead of Weston. Weston suffered a blow as Bonnie went down with a calf injury and had to come off.
She was replaced by another new player, Vicky Cain, who played well, but Weston had slipped behind by six goals and the unfamiliar combination made it difficult for the team to pull it back.
Player of the match went to GS Jennie Burton.