Weston FC match passes pitch inspection
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare Football Club’s match with Oxford City has passed a pitch inspection this afternoon (Tuesday).
The Seagulls will entertain the promotion-chasing visitors at the Woodspring Stadium, with kick-off at 7.45pm.
They have not been able to play at home since December 19 due to the bad weather causing the pitch to be waterlogged repeatedly.
However the pitch was deemed playable following an inspection at 1.30pm.
Weston sit 18th in the Vanarama National League South table, just one point above the relegation zone.
You may also want to watch:
However they have two to five games in hand over most of the teams in the division and will be looking to continue their good league form having not lost since mid-November.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown