Weston FC match passes pitch inspection
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare Football Club’s match with Oxford City has passed a pitch inspection this afternoon (Tuesday).
The Seagulls will entertain the promotion-chasing visitors at the Woodspring Stadium, with kick-off at 7.45pm.
They have not been able to play at home since December 19 due to the bad weather causing the pitch to be waterlogged repeatedly.
However the pitch was deemed playable following an inspection at 1.30pm.
Weston sit 18th in the Vanarama National League South table, just one point above the relegation zone.
However they have two to five games in hand over most of the teams in the division and will be looking to continue their good league form having not lost since mid-November.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 8 Famous spoof awards winner announced
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown