Weston Girls narrowly beat the boys
- Credit: Archant
Weston Willows girls’ team narrowly beat the Wonders boy’s team by just three runs.
Weston Willows girls’ team played their latest league match against Weston Wonders boys, four girls were making their debut and were eager to do well.
The boys won the toss and invited the girls to bat in perfect cricket conditions, runs were contributed by Erin Davidson, Isabelle Smith, Jess and Vicky Lawrence which ticked the scoreboard along at eight-an-over.
Alice Bird played a deft cut shot for four runs before Alana Burstow (12) and Bobbie-Lee Kingston (5) punished any loose bowling, Captain Holly McLaughlin was brutal with her shots, smashing 26 as the Willows finished their 24 overs on 292-4 (start on 200).
After drinks, the boys started their chase with their usual bravado and pulled the required rate down to only four-an-over. The introduction of Destiny and Erin halted the onslaught as they bowled a tight line which allowed the girls to claw their way back in front.
You may also want to watch:
Wickets were shared between Alana (1), Holly (2) and Bobbie-Lee Kingston (3), who also took a good catch. Despite some crunching cover drives by Wonders captain Thomas Massey and Bradley Fawcett, the boys finished on 289-6, which meant the girls won by three runs.
Forte Financial star player was captain Holly McLaughlin.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 7 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks