Weston guarantee promotion with victory
- Credit: Archant
Weston clinched promotion with this comprehensive victory over Robinsons.
ROBINSONS C 2
WESTON were guaranteed promotion after beating Robinsons 10-2 in Bristol.
In the first few minutes, a quick one-two from Heal made its way into the D, where Neate swiftly placed the ball into the bottom corner of the Robinsons goal.
You may also want to watch:
This great start lifted the team’s confidence and another chance was created by Kearsey, who made a terrific run forward. After a great tackle from Etchelles, Kearsey dribbled past opposing players near to the attacking baseline and found a gap for Sam Neate to flick over the keeper.
Weston continued to attack with Watkins, Heal and Etchelles pressing the Robinsons defence and after a turn of possession, Sully struck the ball at the top of the D to make it 3-0.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
Another goal started with Kearsey, who made a superb run towards the baseline. It was left for Heal to finish with a precise slap in the bottom corner. Weston began to show their fitness and this paid off after an attacking turnover, Watkins’ reverse strike finishing the first-half off.
After the break, Turner kicked things off with a great tackle in the D. He then ran around the defending player and finished with a great reverse shot in goal.
A lapse of concentration saw Robinsons hit back and score two goals, but Hector, Beer and Brees took control again and a cross found Neate to deflect into the goal for his hat-trick.
After a penalty corner was awarded, a swift pass from Beer made its way to the top of the D and Turner drag flicked the ball in the top right corner with great pace to seal a 10-2 victory and seal promotion.
The hard work must continue so the team can achieve their place at the top of the league.
Man of the match was awarded to Etchelles.