Weston held to a draw in 10-goal thriller
Weston drew their first game of the season, 5-5 against a strong Firebrands team.
WESTON’S first league game of the season saw them draw against a strong Firebrands team.
Weston took the lead after 10 minutes with a fantastic strike from the in-form Cam Slater. A quick second goal from a short corner saw Kyle Sully fire Weston into a 2-0 lead midway through the first half, but Firebrands fought back to make the score 2-2 by half-time.
The second half started strongly with a great compilation of passes between Slater, Dave Beer and Chris Etchells, ending with Roy Beer scoring his first league goal for the club after two years out. A second goal for Beer fired Weston into a 4-2 lead.
Firebrands pulled two quick goals back to tie at 4-4 midway through the second half. Weston’s pre-season fitness was starting to show and they took control of the game once more as Beer secured his hat-trick.
You may also want to watch:
In the dying minutes of the game, a loose pass saw an unmarked Brands player take the ball and fire home the equaliser.
Mercedes Benz of Weston man of the match went to Jake Turner.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases