Weston held to a draw in 10-goal thriller
Weston drew their first game of the season, 5-5 against a strong Firebrands team.
WESTON’S first league game of the season saw them draw against a strong Firebrands team.
Weston took the lead after 10 minutes with a fantastic strike from the in-form Cam Slater. A quick second goal from a short corner saw Kyle Sully fire Weston into a 2-0 lead midway through the first half, but Firebrands fought back to make the score 2-2 by half-time.
The second half started strongly with a great compilation of passes between Slater, Dave Beer and Chris Etchells, ending with Roy Beer scoring his first league goal for the club after two years out. A second goal for Beer fired Weston into a 4-2 lead.
Firebrands pulled two quick goals back to tie at 4-4 midway through the second half. Weston’s pre-season fitness was starting to show and they took control of the game once more as Beer secured his hat-trick.
You may also want to watch:
In the dying minutes of the game, a loose pass saw an unmarked Brands player take the ball and fire home the equaliser.
Mercedes Benz of Weston man of the match went to Jake Turner.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival