Weston hit five past unbeaten league leaders
- Credit: Archant
Weston slammed five goal past previously unbeaten league leaders Mid Somerset.
MID SOMERSET 2
SECOND-placed Weston entertained league leaders Mid Somerset, who were hoping to continue their unbeaten season.
Weston started strongly and were in the lead with only three minutes on the clock as George Davis burst through from midfield to lift the ball over the goalkeeper. The visitors hit back quickly with a clever reverse flick from their striker, leaving Matt Godwin no chance.
You may also want to watch:
Godwin himself had to make two fine saves to thwart the visiting attack, before Someret took the lead following some sloppy Weston defending as they went into the break 2-1 up.
Changes made at the break with Roy Beer dropping deep to assist the midfield of Matt Kearsey, Sam Neate, Davis, Mercedes Benz of Weston man of the match Jake Turner and Cam Slater.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 5 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 6 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 10 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
It wasn’t long before a short corner was forced and Kyle Sully found Nathan Hancock to deflect home and bring the scores level. Weston stepped their game up and the defence of Ninnis, Dave Beer, Duckett, Hector and Sully were able to soak up the Mid Somerset pressure.
Kearsey was beginning to find more possession and linked up well with Hancock for the latter to fire home his second of the game. Kearsey finished off a well-worked attack himself, linking well with Chris Etchells.
Slater sealed the game with a diving effort at the back post after good work from Heal.