Weston Mendip fall to defeat in tough encounter with Frampton Rangers
- Credit: Mark Atherton
Weston Mendip lost 5-0 in their South West Regional Women's Football League Northern Division clash with top of the table Frampton Rangers.
Frampton took the lead after only three minutes, during the game earlier this month, when Lucie Hulin latched onto a loose pass to beat stand-in keeper Leah Hutchins.
Mendip displayed determination with defenders Erin Dufy, Erin Hale, Phoebe Hughes and Emily Mitchell working flat out to keep Frampton at bay.
However, they conceded a second just before the break.
Frampton netted a third on 55 minutes when Charlotte Daly got her second.
You may also want to watch:
Without the luxury of substitutes, Mendip tired conceding two late goals on 80 and 85 minutes as the hosts came away 5-0 winners.
Weston Mendip return to action at Weston Ladies this Sunday with both sides looking for their first win of the season.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 5 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
Weston Mendip are looking to add to the squad in particular a goalkeeper interested players please contact the club on 07485011503.