Weston juniors to play in newly-formed league
Weston AFC have been included in the newly-formed Junior Premier League South.
WESTON AFC is proud to announce their inclusion in the newly-formed Junior Premier League South.
The league consists of junior teams from some of the best non-league clubs in the south of the country, including Newport County, Gloucester and Worcester.
The junior section is a new venture that is designed to prepare players to progress into one of the top non-league youth teams in the country (Under-19s compete in the Conference Alliance Premier Division, the highest level of non-league youth football).
The junior teams will train twice a week with FA Level 2, 3 and 4 coaches who will be overseen by UEFA A license coach and ex-professional footballer, Ryan Northmore.
You may also want to watch:
Training will begin in August 2011 and finish in May 2012. Matches will be played on a Saturday in the Junior Premier League South.
Weston academy director Ryan Northmore said: “The new junior section is a fantastic opportunity to start working with talented players at an earlier age. With the new full time youth team starting in September there is now a clear pathway between junior and Conference football.”
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
This opportunity is available to the best young players for a one-off signing on fee of �160, which includes all coaching costs, facility use and tracksuit, training kit, replica shirt and a Seagulls season ticket. There are no other costs throughout the year and players can still play with their local junior teams, while being a member of Weston junior squads.
The second round of trials for selection will be held at Weston Football Club, Winterstoke Road, Weston, BS24 9AA on the following dates - Under-16s, July 25, 1-5pm; Under-15s, July 26, 1-5pm; Under-14s, July 27, 1-5pm.
If you wish to attend the trials, you must register your interest by calling Weston Football Club on 01934 621618. Please bring kit, boots, shin pads, and water bottle.
BANWELL FC is looking to recruit new junior teams at Under-6 and Under-7 age groups for next season.
The club are now registering players in order to start training and play friendlies from August/September onwards, numbers permitting.
The club also have a brand new clubhouse, bar, lounge, changing facilities after a recent refurbishment costing over �20,000.
For more information, please call Brad on 07709 768843.
HUTTON Under-15s are recruiting new players for their new campaign. Call James on 07578 996654 for further information.
The Under-14s are looking for additional players for the coming season.
If you are currently in year 8 and would like to play for last seasons league and KO Cup runners-up, please contact Nigel on 07811 146455 or Martin on 07984 305613.