Weston Karate Club special course
- Credit: Archant
Two more Weston Karate Club students gained black belts to make the total of 15 at the club.
Weston Karate Club now has 15 black belts training regularly, which is an outstanding achievement for one club.
They attained their grade at a special high grade course held last weekend. These courses are held every six months and can be physically and mentally demanding and requiring high levels of control, skill and stamina.
The first part of the course studied a kata called kanku-sho, this deep study class tested the individuals ability to adapt and react to their partners attacks and lasted one and a half hours.
The second part concentrated on the exam syllabus, preparing the students for their grading. This section continued for just over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The course was followed by the examination, taking approximately another hour for several members. The examination tests three sections of karate training, which are known as kihon, kata and kumite.
Karate training sometimes is not easy, but can be adapted to most individuals abilities. Training regularly can improve an individuals confidence, concentration, co-ordination, flexibility, stamina and self-defence skills.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 6 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
For almost 34 years, Kevin Roberts has been running Weston Karate Club based at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre and is just about to celebrate his 60th birthday
For further information about karate contact: Kevin or Michelle by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01934 624713.
Alternatively, pop into Hutton Moor on Mondays or Wednesdays from 6pm. You could also visit the website: www.westonkarateclub.planky.net or Facebook westonkarateclub.