Weston Karate Club special course
- Credit: Archant
Two more Weston Karate Club students gained black belts to make the total of 15 at the club.
Weston Karate Club now has 15 black belts training regularly, which is an outstanding achievement for one club.
They attained their grade at a special high grade course held last weekend. These courses are held every six months and can be physically and mentally demanding and requiring high levels of control, skill and stamina.
The first part of the course studied a kata called kanku-sho, this deep study class tested the individuals ability to adapt and react to their partners attacks and lasted one and a half hours.
The second part concentrated on the exam syllabus, preparing the students for their grading. This section continued for just over an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The course was followed by the examination, taking approximately another hour for several members. The examination tests three sections of karate training, which are known as kihon, kata and kumite.
Karate training sometimes is not easy, but can be adapted to most individuals abilities. Training regularly can improve an individuals confidence, concentration, co-ordination, flexibility, stamina and self-defence skills.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
For almost 34 years, Kevin Roberts has been running Weston Karate Club based at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre and is just about to celebrate his 60th birthday
For further information about karate contact: Kevin or Michelle by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01934 624713.
Alternatively, pop into Hutton Moor on Mondays or Wednesdays from 6pm. You could also visit the website: www.westonkarateclub.planky.net or Facebook westonkarateclub.