Weston keep up promotion push with another victory
League leaders Weston kept up their Somerset Super Darts League promotion push with victory over Frome.
WESTON played at home against Frome in the Somerset Super Darts League and were looking for a healthy win in their push for promotion.
League leaders Weston got off to a shaky start, going 6-0 down, but Paul Griffiths (23.36) dug in and won 4-2 and with captain Nick English winning 4-1, Weston were back in control.
Bobby Moore (22.32) continued the run, grabbing his spot back in the team with both hands and winning 4-0. Frome launched a fightback by winning a couple of games, but Vanedgemeister (20.85) won 4-0, along with George Turnbull (23.85) returning from injury hitting a 180 to win 4-2.
The hosts proceeded to stretch their lead from 25-18 with Paul Tyler putting in a stirling performance, hitting eight tons and winning 4-2 with a 25.56 average. Board one was finished off by Seamus Slattery (22.09) winning 4-0, while board two was finished with another good 4-0 win by Grant Mitchell (22.55).
You may also want to watch:
Weston now sit comfortably at the top of the division with just two games left to go to seal promotion for next season.
KNC Miners man of the match went to Paul Tyler.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
Weston’s next game is away to Bath, bus will leave the 49 Club at 6.45pm.