Weston ladies finish strongly at Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Weston ladies scored four second half goals to win 6-2 at Barnstaple.
Taw Valley Ladies 2nd XI 2
Weston Ladies 1st XI 6
WESTON ladies travelled to Barnstaple to play Taw Valley seconds and returned with an excellent 6-2 victory.
Weston dominated the early play with great pace from Charlotte Gordon passing to Sophie Kramer, creating several goal opportunities, two of which were fired into the back board by player of the match Lucy Clarke.
You may also want to watch:
Taw fought back with a one-on-one, putting Charli Crandon under pressure and pulled a goal back.
The Weston defence was challenged, but Cat Williams battled hard to keep possession, finishing the first-half 2-1 up.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Taw started the second half with confidence which led to an equaliser. Weston responded with great passing down the centre of the pitch from Claire Westgate and Katie Elliot, which resulted in Elliot finishing with a goal.
Weston continued to play well and scored another three goals from Ollie Elliot, Becky Childs and another from Elliot to finish the game 6-2.