Weston ladies finish strongly at Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Weston ladies scored four second half goals to win 6-2 at Barnstaple.
Taw Valley Ladies 2nd XI 2
Weston Ladies 1st XI 6
WESTON ladies travelled to Barnstaple to play Taw Valley seconds and returned with an excellent 6-2 victory.
Weston dominated the early play with great pace from Charlotte Gordon passing to Sophie Kramer, creating several goal opportunities, two of which were fired into the back board by player of the match Lucy Clarke.
You may also want to watch:
Taw fought back with a one-on-one, putting Charli Crandon under pressure and pulled a goal back.
The Weston defence was challenged, but Cat Williams battled hard to keep possession, finishing the first-half 2-1 up.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Taw started the second half with confidence which led to an equaliser. Weston responded with great passing down the centre of the pitch from Claire Westgate and Katie Elliot, which resulted in Elliot finishing with a goal.
Weston continued to play well and scored another three goals from Ollie Elliot, Becky Childs and another from Elliot to finish the game 6-2.