Weston Leisure League crown Thursday champions as action returns
- Credit: Leisure League
Weston's six-a-side Leisure League competitions returned to action following the lifting of lockdown restrictions last week.
The Thursday League concluded after a 28-week gap between the first and last games in a stop-start grassroots season, with Premier League honours going to Move Like Agger.
They had to survive a scare after losing their last game to already-relegated Scoops FC by a 2-1 margin, with a superior goal difference seeing them crowned champions.
Chicken Tikka Mo Salah had to settle for the runners-up spot with the same haul of points.
In Division One, Super Sexy 6 managed the point they needed to be crowned champions, not giving up hope after going a goal down early in their game.
You may also want to watch:
But Highburn Dynamo put up a valiant effort to finish the season strongly with a win and will also be promoted to the Premier Division.
Division Two champions All Blacks were another team to win the title via goal difference, finishing with a resounding 4-0 win to assure their position.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
Leave My Arcelona could not overcome the goal difference and finished as runners-up.
All league champions and runners-up will be entered into a monthly prize draw for a chance to win some of the best awards on offer in small-sided football, ranging from £500 in Nike vouchers or 400 cans of Carling to the star prize of a £12,000 holiday for six to Germany!
After such a long wait to complete the season, a new Thursday League campaign begins on April 8.
Leisure Leagues run six-a-side leagues in Weston at Worle Community School and Winterstoke Hundred Academy all through the year.