Weston line up five pre-season friendly matches
Weston Rugby Club have five pre-season trial matches lined up before the season starts on September 6.
WESTON will hold five pre-season trial matches covering all three senior teams before the 2014/15 campaign commences.
On August 13 they travel to Burnham and the remaining four fixtures will be played at the Recreation Ground.
They will entertain Chew Valley on the 14th, Clevedon on the 21st and Gordano on the 28th, all at 7.45pm. Welsh club Dowlais will be the visitors on the 30th at 3pm.
The season will start with a home match against Exmouth on September 6 in National 3 South West.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Seasiders have added to their announcement that No 8 George Sparks will be the club captain for the forthcoming season.
Phil Collins will fill the 1st XV manager’s role and second rower Simon Hudson will lead the United XV, which will be managed by Stuart Board.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
The Athletic XV will again be led by hooker Grahame Hill and Andrew Ballard will continue as team manager.
Former Rotherham scrum-half Steve Worrall is the new head coach and his assistant will be Chris Hurd. Jonathan Bamsey continues as backs coach.
Also on the coaching team is the former Bristol and England prop Darren Crompton, who will be player and scrum coach and Paul Jones will resume his duties as conditioning coach.
Gavin Simpson, aged 33, who has been forced into playing retirement with a knee problem, will be the club’s director of rugby.