Weston lose out to league leaders
Somerset Super Darts League leaders Wellington proved too strong for Weston.
WESTON travelled to face top of the division Wellington in the Somerset Super Darts League.
The visitors got underway with George Turnbull (21.03), who took a couple of legs to get going before coming back from 0-2 down to win 3-2.
On the same board, Weston tried hard, but were getting outplayed by a good team, losing all of the next five game, just keeping in touch with some useful legs.
Board two was not faring any better, being 0-6 down before Martin Vanedgemeister (23.42) hit eight tons in a 3-2 victory.
Weston lost the next game 2-3 in a close fought match, before a captain’s innings was required by Nick English (22.87), who hit four 140s and five tons in a 3-1 win, as they trailed 17-29 in the singles.
With it all to do in the pairs, Wellington showed they were the better team with the exception of Jimmy Hunt and Paul Tyler, who won 3-2 with Paul hitting a 129 checkout on the bull to clinch their game. Ian Cope and English also won 3-2, but lost 45-31 overall.
- 1 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 4 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Sovereign Centre boss crowned manager of the year
Weston’s man of the match went to Nick English.
Weston play at home in the 49 Club (7.45pm) against South Somerset on March 22 and look to seek revenge for an earlier defeat.