Weston lose top spot after defeat
Weston lost top spot of the Somerset Super Darts League after losing to Chard.
WESTON travelled to Chard in the Somerset Super Darts League looking to extend their lead at the top of the division.
They got off to a good start with Paul Tyler (20.50) and Gary Howell (21.97) both winning 3-1, but this was soon wiped out with losses on both boards. The visitors fought back with Clive Strong in fine form (26.01) and Bobby Moore opening his season (20.57) winning 3-2.
Weston let another game slip allowing Chard too take charge again, but Martin Vanedgemeister (21.88) pulled out a 3-0 victory. The visitors took the lead with a fine display of darts from George Turnbull clocking out a 135 check in a 3-1 win yielding him a respectable 26.57 average.
Anthony Edmundson finished off board one (21.54) with a 3-1 win, but Weston dropped the next two games on board two, letting Chard back into the game.
You may also want to watch:
Weston went into the pairs 23-24 down, but never got going and went down in both opening sets on each board only picking up five legs to Chard’s 12.
The home side only needed one leg for a win and although Moore, Turnbull and Powell tried to stop them, Weston won both games 3-2 as Chard ran out 40-34 victors.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Weston will need to up their game to get back on top of the division away to Keynsham on November 23. Bus leaves the 49 Club at 6.30pm. Man of the match went to George Turnbull, while 180s were hit by Moore, Austen and Roy Staples.