Weston man qualifies for Commonwealth
A WESTON man has qualified into the Commonwealth Power Lifting Championships by coming first in the English Powerlifting Championships.
Carlin Jones, aged 24, of Brompton Road, Weston, beat 12 other people in the competition.
He said: “I get a great satisfaction from this sport. I know I’m good at it and I want to keep it up, and it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.”
Jones started training in powerlifting six years ago and has won the junior championship for the sport. He received an injury in 2009 but last year he was back and better than ever when he won the British Seniors Championship.
He said: “I was over the moon when I won and hope I can do as well in the Commonwealth Championship.”
You may also want to watch:
Jones will compete in the Commonwealth Championships in Bournemouth on December 16.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards