Weston man qualifies for Commonwealth
A WESTON man has qualified into the Commonwealth Power Lifting Championships by coming first in the English Powerlifting Championships.
Carlin Jones, aged 24, of Brompton Road, Weston, beat 12 other people in the competition.
He said: “I get a great satisfaction from this sport. I know I’m good at it and I want to keep it up, and it’s a great way to meet new people and make new friends.”
Jones started training in powerlifting six years ago and has won the junior championship for the sport. He received an injury in 2009 but last year he was back and better than ever when he won the British Seniors Championship.
He said: “I was over the moon when I won and hope I can do as well in the Commonwealth Championship.”
You may also want to watch:
Jones will compete in the Commonwealth Championships in Bournemouth on December 16.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas