Weston manager denies link with job at Newport
WESTON manager Craig Laird has strongly distanced himself from the vacant manager’s position at rivals Newport County.
Rumours have been circulating on internet message boards that Craig had sent his CV to the Conference National club following the departure of Dean Holdsworth.
But Craig has responded angrily to the gossip, branding it ‘disrespectful’ to himself and the Welsh side.
He also reaffirmed his commitment to the Seagulls, stating he ‘loved’ the club and was not ready to move on.
He told the Mercury: “Whoever started the rumour is totally out of order and has no respect for the clubs or myself. It’s nice to have your name linked to a job, but I’m committed to my role here at Weston. I love it here and want to do my best for the club. Yes, we’re going to have a few ups and downs, but that’s football.
You may also want to watch:
“You cannot rule out any move to another club in the future, but if I was in that position I would always let the chairman know straight away of any approach.”
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait