Weston manager denies link with job at Newport
WESTON manager Craig Laird has strongly distanced himself from the vacant manager’s position at rivals Newport County.
Rumours have been circulating on internet message boards that Craig had sent his CV to the Conference National club following the departure of Dean Holdsworth.
But Craig has responded angrily to the gossip, branding it ‘disrespectful’ to himself and the Welsh side.
He also reaffirmed his commitment to the Seagulls, stating he ‘loved’ the club and was not ready to move on.
He told the Mercury: “Whoever started the rumour is totally out of order and has no respect for the clubs or myself. It’s nice to have your name linked to a job, but I’m committed to my role here at Weston. I love it here and want to do my best for the club. Yes, we’re going to have a few ups and downs, but that’s football.
You may also want to watch:
“You cannot rule out any move to another club in the future, but if I was in that position I would always let the chairman know straight away of any approach.”
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront