Weston move up to second position
Weston defeated Frome to move into second place in the Somerset Super Darts League.
WESTON travelled to Frome in the Somerset Super Darts League and returned with a 39-27 victory.
Weston were looking to chase down the top spot and got off to a good start with Ian Cope (21.69) winning 4-1, followed by a 4-0 success by captain Nick English.
On board two, Paul Tyler had a tussle, but came out on top 4-2, but Frome made a comeback taking the next two games.
The visitors were still in control on board one, with Rich Harris winning 4-2 and still had their best players to come. Weston were not disappointed either, as Mike Norton turned in a top performance, hitting back-to-back 180s in the second leg, giving him a shot for a 9nine-darter.
You may also want to watch:
Mike did not have it all his way as Frome fought took two legs back, but Mike was too strong for him and put him away 4-2, hitting 14 tons with a 29.70 average.
With the bar set, Kelvin Hart had to fight hard to get his 4-3 win with another top performance, hitting 12 tons with a 26.48 average.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
Weston let one slide on board two, but Ricky Harding turned in another stirling performance, not giving away any legs in his 4-0 victory, averaging 28.08 finishing the board off 20-9 winners.
Meanwhile, games were still being played out on board one with the luck of the Irish going Weston’s way with Seamus Slattery (22.72) winning a tight game 4-3. The evening was finished off by Westons very own flying Dutchman, Martin Vanedgemeister (21.26) winning 4-2.
KNC Miners man of the match was a close run thing between Ricky Harding winning 4-0 and Mike Norton, but Mike just sneaked the award with his higher average and a nine-darter attempt.
Weston now sit in second spot, seven legs behind leaders Bath, who they play next at home in the 49 Club on December 6 in a must win top of the table clash.