Weston pair granted boxing licences
- Credit: Archant
Stuart Davies and Mathew Slater have both been granted licences by the British Boxing Board of Control.
WESTON’S Stuart Davies and Mathew Slater have been granted licences by the British Boxing Board of Control.
The pair travelled to London to be interviewed by 12 board officials. Davies was granted permission to be a boxing promoter, while Slater has become a manager.
The pair plan to work together in managing and promoting young talented boxers in the area. Over the past 30 years, there have been many talented Weston boxers who have won ABA titles, but have not had the facility to turn professional in their home town.
Davies will be looking to use his vast promoting experience over the past 14 years to put on a professional boxing show within the next four months. Both men will work closely together, Slater will manage and provide some of boxers for these Weston events.
You may also want to watch:
The pair has strong connections in the pro boxing fraternity and will host championships boxing within the town before the year is out.
Anyone looking to be managed and promoted in the area, please contact Mathew on 07748 903356 or Stuart on 07976 538497 or visit www.wama.co.uk
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal