Weston rained off again
- Credit: Archant
Weston were rained off for a second successive week, as their game at Tonbridge Angels was cancelled due to the weather.
FOR the second successive Saturday, Weston have lost a fixture to the recent appalling weather when their game away at Tonbridge Angels was called off.
The Longmead Stadium pitch was declared fit for play on Friday afternoon, but heavy overnight rain turned it into a morass and the game was cancelled early on Saturday.
On Saturday, Weston entertain Farnborough (3pm) and hopefully the game will go ahead, weather permitting.
The club are holding an invitation day in conjunction with this game to celebrate their commitment to the local community in supporting the development of children both in football and other life skills.
You may also want to watch:
There will be local businesses offering advice and guidance and displaying their work within the life of the town.
A charity match will take place between the veterans and youth teams on the practice pitch at about 12.30pm and there will be other activities during half-time of the Farnborough game on the main pitch.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Admission will be by donation only with no match prices to demonstrate to all that the club is committed to the youth of the town. The club would appreciate a bumper attendance for this event.
On Wednesday next, April 3, Weston make the long trip to Tonbridge for the rearranged fixture with a 7.45pm kick-off and hopefully this can go ahead.