Weston ready to take on Plymouth Argyle and Exeter City
- Credit: Archant
Weston end their pre-season programme with friendlies against Plymouth Argyle and Exeter City.
WESTON Football Club conclude their pre-season programme of friendlies by taking on Football League opposition at the Woodspring Stadium this week.
On Saturday, Plymouth Argyle will be bringing their full first-team squad for a 3pm kick-off and a big following is expected to travel from Devon.
Exeter City provide the opposition on Tuesday (7.45pm) when another large crowd is anticipated. Hopefully, by then Weston manager Micky Bell will have his squad in place, ready for the kick-off of the league season on August 9.
The club is pleased to announce that former Academy player Dayle Grubb who progressed successfully into the first team and has been become the first player to be rewarded with a full-time contract.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to playing, Dayle will be working with the Sports Active Seagulls Community Trust and Football Academy where his main role will organising school presentations and assemblies, park events and holiday courses. Dayle’s role with the Academy will be the football development of youngsters.
Naby Diallo, a favourite with the Weston fans, has been awarded a one-year contract with Conference Premier side Aldershot Town. All at the club wish him well.
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
Former manager Craig Laird has been appointed assistant manager of Southern League Premier Weymouth Town where he joins son Jamie who recently signed for the club.
The Conference has announced they have signed a three-year sponsorship deal with vehicle leasing company Vanarama who are based in Hemel Hempstead. This deal will replace the year-long association with Skrill.