Weston runners off to Slaughter
- Credit: Archant
Seven Weston Athletic Club members took part in the Slaughterford 9 in muddy conditions.
A SERIES of tough off-road races awaits many members of Weston Athletic Club over the next few weeks with this weekend being no exception.
Seven members took part in the Slaughterford 9 in cold, muddy and very hilly conditions.
Dominic Taylor-Jones raced superbly taking first place for the club and third senior male overall in 58.11. There was only 23 seconds between Guy Bradford and Matthew Wheeler who took second and third for the club in 1.06.02 and 1.06.25 respectively.
Vanessa Andrews was surprisingly the only lady running for the club in the event finishing in 1.40.00.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s next race is the Weston prom run on February 26. The main five-mile race starts at 7.30pm, and is preceded by the one-mile race at 6.45pm.
For more information about the club’s races and becoming a member, visit www.westonac.co.uk
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions