Weston’s clash with Oxford postponed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
HEAVY rain over the Christmas period has seen Weston Football Club’s home fixture with Oxford City postponed today (Monday).
The Seagulls were due to face high-flying Oxford this afternoon, but the fixture has become the latest home game to be called off because of wet weather.
Club secretary Richard Sloane said: “After a morning inspection this match has been postponed on account of the standing water in the goalmouths.
“A rearranged date will be published in due course.”
The postponement comes after the Seagulls drew 1-1 away at relegation rivals Hayes & Yeading on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
That point adds to great recent form from Ryan Northmore’s side, who are now unbeaten in their last five Vanarama National League South games. The run has seen them climb out of the drop zone, and they currently sit in 19th position.
The Seagulls last tasted defeat on November 14 in a 1-0 loss to high-flying Gosport Borough.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences