WESTON-S-MARE 1, DORCHESTER TOWN 3
REDUCED to 10 men for the final 40 minutes, Weston were bundled out of the FA Trophy by a physical Dorchester who conceded 13 free kicks.
Weston went into the game missing Kane Ingram, who started a suspension, and central defender Matt Villis who was injured in training. They were further handicapped when Simon Gilbert was dismissed for a second bookable offence five minutes into the second half.
After a scrappy start with the ball out of play more than in it, Dorchester opened the scoring on 13 minutes when Weston’s new central defensive pairing of Craig Rand and Jamie Laird were undone by Dorchester’s Danny Ings, who set up Steve Devlin to burst through and beat keeper Lloyd Irish from 15 yards.
Minutes later, Irish did well to cut out Devlin’s cross from the left with Jamie Gleeson closing in and then Nathan Walker headed over from a corner.
Weston’s Nat Pepperell made a penetrating run down the right on 16 minutes but he over-hit his cross and the danger was cleared.
You may also want to watch:
After the unfortunate Gilbert departed Dorchester took control, with Ings hitting a post on 59 minutes. He did better on 71 minutes, scoring just inside Irish’s near post from a tight angle.
Weston hit back on 78 minutes when Justin Porter’s free kick was helped into the net by Dorchester striker Ryan Moss. However, Moss made amends on 85 minutes when he took advantage of another error by the home defence to burst through and score, having earlier been denied by a superb double save by Irish.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes