Weston’s opponents finalised
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Weston’s opponents for next season’s Vanarama Conference South have now been finalised.
WESTON’S opponents for next season’s Vanarama Conference South have now been finalised following Margate’s 1-0 win over Hendon in the Isthmian Premier League play-off final.
The last time Weston met Margate was in the Southern League and they had Peter Trego in goal, who spent the season playing cricket for Kent.
From last season’s fixtures, Bromley and Boreham Wood have been promoted to Conference National, while Farnborough and Staines Town have been relegated to the Isthmian Premier.
Four clubs have been relegated from Conference National, Fylde, Telford United, Nuneaton Town and Dartford, but only Dartford will be in Conference South. To make up the difference in numbers, Oxford City will be transferred to Conference South from the North.
You may also want to watch:
Coming up from the Isthmian Premier, along with Margate, will be another Kent-based club, Maidstone United.
Returning to Conference South will be Truro City promoted from the Southern League Premier. The other side promoted from the Southern League are Corby Town who will play in Conference North.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston