Weston’s opponents finalised
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Weston’s opponents for next season’s Vanarama Conference South have now been finalised.
WESTON’S opponents for next season’s Vanarama Conference South have now been finalised following Margate’s 1-0 win over Hendon in the Isthmian Premier League play-off final.
The last time Weston met Margate was in the Southern League and they had Peter Trego in goal, who spent the season playing cricket for Kent.
From last season’s fixtures, Bromley and Boreham Wood have been promoted to Conference National, while Farnborough and Staines Town have been relegated to the Isthmian Premier.
Four clubs have been relegated from Conference National, Fylde, Telford United, Nuneaton Town and Dartford, but only Dartford will be in Conference South. To make up the difference in numbers, Oxford City will be transferred to Conference South from the North.
You may also want to watch:
Coming up from the Isthmian Premier, along with Margate, will be another Kent-based club, Maidstone United.
Returning to Conference South will be Truro City promoted from the Southern League Premier. The other side promoted from the Southern League are Corby Town who will play in Conference North.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston