Weston seniors enjoy Eric Benn Trophy
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s seniors played their final competition of the season, the Eric Benn Trophy, on Monday.
The greensomes event sees the lowest handicap player partnered by the highest, with the pattern continuing throughout the field.
The winning pair with a score of 38 points was John Whitewood and Nigel Jillings, one ahead of Roger Magor and Ricky Fowler, who pipped Chris Slocombe and Nick Palmer
Terry Waite and Alan Harris took fourth on countback from Phil Humphries and Howard Evans, with Ian Pitt and Steve Petrie in sixth, as all three pairs had 36 points.
Robin Webb and Chris Kelly took seventh ahead of John Stokes and Dave Holder on countback with 35 points.
You may also want to watch:
The Don Rowland Trophy was a hard-fought affair in favourable conditions, with 21 twos scored and three players having two.
Chanon Sookphanich had his handicap cut from six to five after winning on countback from Jerry Pearce and Ross Davidson, after all scored plus four.
- 1 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 2 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 6 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3