Weston sign former Bulgarian Under-18 international
- Credit: Archant
Weston have signed a former Bulgarian Under-18 international, who goes straight into the squad for the weekend.
WESTON announced they have signed Tevestan Filipov, a former Bulgarian Under-18 international, who has recently been playing in the Polish league.
The player has been training with Weston for several weeks, but they had to wait for international clearance from the Polish FA, which finally came through earlier this week and it is expected he will be included in the squad for the weekend games.
Leaving Woodspring Park is central defender and skipper Tom Jordan, who has decided to retire from football due to family commitments.
Since joining last season, Tom has been ever present and will be sorely missed.
You may also want to watch:
Also leaving the squad for family and personal reasons is long-serving midfielder Kane Ingram who was recruited by previous manager Craig Laird and played 150 games, scoring 35 goals.
The club wish both players well for the future.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
On Monday evening, Weston played a specially selected friendly against Forest Green Rovers Under-21s.
In an entertaining game full of excellent flowing football, Weston ran out 1-0 winners, the only goal scored by Filitov early in the second half and during the game he showed some neat touches.
On Monday (Bank Holiday), Weston are home to old rivals Bath City, who top the Vanarama National South table and are unbeaten. Kick-off is at 3pm.