Weston start with a win at home
Weston men’s darts team start with victory at home to Keynsham.
WESTON men’s darts team started their Somerset Super League campaign at home to Keynsham.
Darrell Brown and Ian Cope (21.74) kicked Weston off with victories, swiftly followed up by Paul Tyler (22.57) giving the hosts a healthy lead in legs of 9-4, but Keynsham kept chipping away.
George Turnbull (22.92) hit a 180 in his 3-1 win and Weston’s lead was extended further by captain Nick English winning 3-0. Gary Howell (22.02) won 3-2 in a hard fought game to give a 19-13 lead.
Weston proceeded to lose a couple more singles before Clive Strong (21.42) hit 10 tons in his 3-2 victory and Tim Strutt (20.68) finished off the singles, with Weston winning 8-4, but with the league run on legs this was only a narrow lead of 25-22.
You may also want to watch:
Going into the pairs, Roy Staples and Strong kicked the pairs off with a 3-2 win, along with Bobby Moore and Howell on board two firing in a 3-0 win to give Weston a small lead.
Keynsham got back into the game, but this was soon rubbed out by Turnbull and Strutt winning 3-1. Jimmy Hunt and English won 3-1 and the night was finished off with Cope and Tyler winning 3-2, giving Weston an overall victory of 5-1 in the pairs and 41-31 overall.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Man of the match was Turnbull for both highest average and pairs win. Weston travel to Bath on October 1, bus leaves the Bristol Hotel at 6.30pm.
The team are still in need for sponsorship to help with transportation costs. For more information, contact Con at the Bristol Hotel in Locking Road.