Weston stretch their lead at the top
Weston stretched their lead at the top of the Somerset Super Darts League after beating second-placed Taunton Trinity.
WESTON played at home against second-placed Taunton Trinity in the Somerset Super Darts League and registered a narrow victory.
The hosts kicked off with a win from Ian Cope (21.07), but Taunton fought hard and won the next two games, as Weston kept winning legs to keep them in the hunt.
Ricky Harding (24.34)put the Seasiders back on winning ways with a 4-1 win, promptly backed up by George Turnbull (25.05) also winning 4-1. The tide was turning on board two, as Mike Norton won 4-1 with a 27.28 average.
The winning continued on board one with Clive Strong (20.52) 4-3, followed by Martin Vanedgemeister (21.56) 4-1, as board one closed 22-15 to Weston. On board two, Kevin Austen (21.91) closed the game out with a 4-2 victory drawing 17-17.
You may also want to watch:
Weston went into the seven-leg pairs 39-32 to the good. Harding and Cope won 2-1, while Norton and Vanedgemeister registered a crucial 2-0 win, giving Weston a 44-41 victory, which leaves Weston still in top spot.
180s were hit by Paul Griffiths and Ian Cope. Knc Miner’s man of the match went to Mike Norton. The next match is against the 49ers on November 14.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences