Weston stretch their lead at the top
Weston stretched their lead at the top of the Somerset Super Darts League after beating second-placed Taunton Trinity.
WESTON played at home against second-placed Taunton Trinity in the Somerset Super Darts League and registered a narrow victory.
The hosts kicked off with a win from Ian Cope (21.07), but Taunton fought hard and won the next two games, as Weston kept winning legs to keep them in the hunt.
Ricky Harding (24.34)put the Seasiders back on winning ways with a 4-1 win, promptly backed up by George Turnbull (25.05) also winning 4-1. The tide was turning on board two, as Mike Norton won 4-1 with a 27.28 average.
The winning continued on board one with Clive Strong (20.52) 4-3, followed by Martin Vanedgemeister (21.56) 4-1, as board one closed 22-15 to Weston. On board two, Kevin Austen (21.91) closed the game out with a 4-2 victory drawing 17-17.
Weston went into the seven-leg pairs 39-32 to the good. Harding and Cope won 2-1, while Norton and Vanedgemeister registered a crucial 2-0 win, giving Weston a 44-41 victory, which leaves Weston still in top spot.
180s were hit by Paul Griffiths and Ian Cope. Knc Miner’s man of the match went to Mike Norton. The next match is against the 49ers on November 14.
- 1 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 4 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Sovereign Centre boss crowned manager of the year