Weston stroll to emphatic victory
- Credit: Archant
Weston recorded an emphatic victory over Clevedon Town in the Premier Division of the Somerset Floodlight Youth League.
Clevedon Town 0
WESTON strolled to an emphatic victory against Clevedon Town, re-affirming their position as the number one team in the region and to increase the pressure on the leaders in the Premier Division of the Somerset Floodlight Youth League.
Kailan Gould hit the inside of the post after a minute before opening the scoring on two minutes. The diminutive frontman then turned provider for Jack Carey to double the advantage. Gould was again the provider on 19 minutes when Zachary Francis made it 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Mateusz Trybull forced James Kay to put the ball in to his own net, before Carey made it 5-0 with his second of the evening.
There was no let up after the break, with Carey setting up George King to make it 6-0 and Gould making it seven. Under-16 player Daniel O’Leary turned provider for Gould to complete his hat-trick with number eight, before adding goal nine himself. Trybull rounded off the scoring with 18 minutes left.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
The man of the match award, sponsored by Capille Construction Ltd went to Kailan Gould.
On Tuesday, Weston entertain Gillingham Town, kick-off is at 7.45pm. Two days later, holders Weston travel to Welton Rovers in the semi-final of the Somerset Floodlight Youth League Roger Stone Memorial Cup (7.30pm).