Weston-super-Mare announce former Forest Green caretaker boss as new head coach
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare Football Club have appointed Forest Green Rovers’ academy coach, Scott Bartlett, as the club’s new manager the Mercury can exclusively reveal tonight (Monday).
Bartlett will take over from former Seagulls manager Ryan Northmore and will be in charge for Saturday’s match at home to Ebbsfleet.
The 37-year-old had a brief playing spell at Weston as a full-back but is now set to take on the top job.
However, the Mercury understands Bartlett will still maintain his role as head of youth at Forest Green, which he says will remain his ‘day job.’
The Seagulls’ new manager has plenty of experience in the hot seat as he has spent two spells as caretaker manager at Forest Green, including a spell which included a trip to Wembley in the National League play-off final last season.
Bartlett told the Mercury: “I feel really privileged to be given this opportunity. When you are a young coach, you are not sure which way you want to go. I have done a lot of things with the Forest Green first team and that will stand me in good stead for this role.”
Bartlett will oversee training tonight before taking his first session on Thursday, ahead of his first game in charge at The Woodspring Stadium on Saturday.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 3 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 7 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
*More to follow