Weston-super-Mare FC appoint former Hereford coach as Scott Bartlett’s assistant
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare’s head coach Scott Bartlett has tonight (Thursday) appointed his second in command.
Former Hereford United player and coach Chris Barker joins the Seagulls ahead of Saturday’s match at Oxford City as assistant head coach.
Barker has left both his playing and coaching role at Hereford to come aboard at The Woodspring Stadium.
He has a vast amount of experience, including playing at league level for Barnsley, Queens Park Rangers and was manager of Aldershot Town back in 2015.
Bartlett said: “This is a fantastic appointment and a real coup for the club. I have got to know him over the past few years in our roles at Forest Green Rovers and Aldershot and am looking forward to working with him and taking our club forward.
You may also want to watch:
“He is vastly experienced as a player and a coach so brings a lot to the table. I think his experience will help our talented young players and I thank the board for backing me.”
For an exclusive look behind-the-scenes at Weston Football Club click this link.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud