Weston-super-Mare Ladies appoint management team
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare Ladies are celebrating the appointment of their very first management team as the football club continues to take shape ahead of their debut season, which starts in September.
The Mercury reported last month that Weston football club were in the process of creating a women’s football side and Stacie Morrissey, the club’s coach administrator, has been at the heart of the development.
She said: “We as a club are extremely excited to have a women’s team being formed within the club, alongside everything else we have going on.
“From our first team, to academy junior teams and our community coaching we hope to keep expanding as a club and offer as much as we can.”
The club is on the lookout for talented players to join the side, with the recruitment of backroom staff now confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The newly-appointed management team sees Josh Donoghue take on the role of first team manager and long-serving volunteer and now assistant secretary at Weston football club, Phil Sheridan, as his assistant.
Donoghue has extensive experience coaching women’s football teams and told the Mercury he is excited to take his place in the dugout.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
He said: “I joined Weston a couple of weeks ago and now I cannot wait to get going.
“It’s great to start with a new team as you get to put your own stamp on it and start afresh and make it your own.
“Having a big team like Weston interested in creating a women’s team shows how much it is growing.
“Hopefully, we can go on to be successful. We have all the training sessions planned out – now we just need the players.”
Weston Ladies are holding open trials and registration evenings on May 10 and 12 between 7pm and 9pm.
However, if any prospective players are unable to make these dates, they should still contact the club.
Training will start on May 17, and will continue every Tuesday and Thursday.
For more information, contact Stacie on Stacie.firstname.lastname@example.org