Weston-super-Mare sign three players ahead of first league match
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club have announced three new signings and one departure today (Tuesday).
Two strikers and one full back have joined the Seagulls subject to clearance from their former clubs.
However, this may not be in time for Saturday’s opening league match against Whitehawk.
Tom Meechan has joined on a six-month loan deal from League Two side Newport County and former Bristol Rovers forward Eliot Richards has finally put pen to paper after featuring heavily for Weston throughout pre-season.
Defender Jordan Williams has also signed on the dotted line fresh from a playing stint in Malta.
You may also want to watch:
Tristan Plummer has departed from the club after he asked to be released from his current contract.
Seagulls manager, Ryan Northmore, said: “I’m looking forward to working with Tom.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
“He has a proven record of scoring goals in non-league and we have the added benefit of him training full-time with his parent club.
“Eliot joins us after being part of the majority of our pre-season preparations. He joins after spells with some top clubs and has a wealth of football league experience. We are delighted to get him signed.
“We have some good options now in the forward department and some healthy competition.
“Jordan is also an interesting addition. I’ve watched his progress since my days with the academy.
“He has the ability to offer an attacking threat down the left and will compliment others in the side.”
Weston host Whitehawk on Saturday in the opening game of the National League South season.
Kick-off is at 3pm at The Woodspring Stadium.