Weston teams receive their awards
A CELEBRATION event to mark the end of this year s rugby season took place at Weston Rugby Club recently when teams from across Somerset gathered for a special awards evening.
A CELEBRATION event to mark the end of this year's rugby season took place at Weston Rugby Club recently when teams from across Somerset gathered for a special awards evening.
As well as celebrating the success of the clubs which won their leagues, the evening also marked the finish of a second season of the Brewery's award-winning Tribute Ale sponsoring grass roots rugby across the region.
For winning their leagues, trophies were awarded to Taunton RFC for winning the Tribute South West 2 West League, Burnham RFC, for coming top of the Tribute Somerset Premier League and St Bernadettes Old Boys Rugby Club for clenching the top title in the Tribute Somerset One League
It was a fitting venue, with the home clubs' second team, collecting the trophy for winning the Tribute Somerset 2 South League and the clubs' third team were awarded the top spot in the Tribute Somerset 3 South League.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Saunders, chairman of Somerset RFU, said: "The awards evening was a really memorable evening and it was great to join with teams from across the county and celebrate an eventful season. We're also delighted with the support St Austell Brewery's sponsorship has given grass roots teams across the county throughout 2008-2009.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3